22 Great Ideas For Your Dissertation In Developmental Psychology
When constructing a dissertation, a student is required to select a topic in the relevant field, then construct a research plan and conduct investigative activities, all with the intention of presenting a fully comprehensive paper on the particular subject in question.
While the selection of a topic may seem trivial, it is an important step in the process of completing your dissertation successfully. Many attributes of a topic contribute to an author’s ability to successfully complete the task, most important may be the researcher’s familiarity with the topic, as well as available information.
The following is a list of 22 suitable topic ideas for creating a dissertation in psychology:
- The genesis of fear of the dark in human children and what evolutionary purpose it could have served.
- How sex hormones affect brain development during puberty and into adulthood
- Does the latency stage described by Sigmund Freud depend on cultural input?
- Should very intelligent or genius level children be given greater autonomy?
- Becoming human: how feral children defy the odds when reintegrated into society
- Where babies come from: age appropriate sex education from toddlerhood onward.
- Religion and the development of morality in infants
- Supernatural beliefs of non religious children over the lifespan
- Normalizing violence for children through television, movies and games
- Are neuro typical children truly better at learning than their adult counterparts or is this a myth perpetuated by lack of understanding?
- Does Freud’s theory of Psycho-Sexual development still hold weight or has recent developments in the field affected his relevance?
- Does an active sex life help diminish risks of memory loss in older adults?
- Have newborn babies become more alert in modern times or are we more attentive?
- What makes a person qualify for consideration as an adult by today’s standards?
- Have economic crises lengthened the term of childhood in Western culture?
- The effects of obesity on mental health in teenage boys over time
- How does delaying motherhood affect a woman’s parenting skills and the subsequent development of the child?
- Should more men be encouraged to get in touch with their inner child?
- Is the process of natural aging becoming more taboo over time?
- How would an immortal society deal with the issues of scarcity?
- How do worldwide tragedies affect the development of sufferers and observers?
- Are traditional societies more in tune with the process of aging?